Scope and purpose: the purpose of this document is to give a comprehensive listing of the duties and responsibilities associated with the maintenance manager position. This document establishes the level of education, experience and training required to carry out the assignments required for this position.
Position/title: maintenance manager
Reports to: maintenance director, plant manager and general manager
Principal purpose of job:
- Adhere to and administer all company policies regarding attendance.
Including: approving employee hours, approving overtime as needed, approving time off/vacations and issuing disciplinary actions as required.
- Adhere to and administer all company policies regarding conduct and safety.
Including: ensuring all safety equipment is in good working order and available for employee use as needed.
- Assign personnel to perform the company’s preventative/predictive maintenance program.
Including: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and semi-annual inspections. Verify that these tasks are completed in a timely fashion and records are kept in accordance with the company’s quality policy.
- Prioritize and assign the requests for maintenance “QF810”, verify their completion and keep the records in accordance with the company’s quality policy.
- Monitor our stock of critical parts, consumables and supplies. Order replacements when stocks are getting low.
- Monitor the stock of scrap stainless steel and other valuable scrap materials. Notify the maintenance director when the need for a scrap pick up is required.
- Keep the MSDS book up to date. Add any new materials to it in a timely fashion. Remove any MSDS sheets from the book when the materials are no longer in our facility.
- Coordinate with the maintenance director for any special projects that arise. To assure procurement of materials and manpower needs.
- Assure the proper use of the company’s lock out/tag out, confined space and hazard communication plans and to keep records in accordance with the company’s quality policy.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of all hand tools.
- Must be able to read and utilize blueprints and electrical diagrams for trouble shooting purposes.
- Must gain or possess an understanding of our equipment.
including: combustion systems, temperature controllers, drive systems, and HMI interface to utilize the equipment.
- Must have experience in pipe fitting, welding, grinding and fabrication.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in all aspects of their duties.
- Oversee and assist in the repairs of the company’s equipment.
- A minimum of 10 years in the maintenance field.
- A minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position
Physical demands: while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle/feel, reach, stand, walk, climb, stoop and kneel. The employee must regularly lift or move parts and supplies using a forklift or hoist.