Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Reports to: Maintenance Director
Principal Purpose of Job: Supervise a crew of maintenance technicians in addition to performing installs and maintaining and repairing machinery, equipment, physical structures, as well as pipe and electrical systems within the property.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Visually inspects furnaces, machinery, and equipment for proper function.
- Performs formal requests for machine or equipment maintenance under the direction of the Maintenance Director.
- Examines machines and equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine and equipment operation with the Maintenance director or other Maintenance Technicians to diagnose problems and repair the machine/equipment.
- Replaces defective equipment, either by repairing broken components or replacing them with new components.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of the machinery.
- Directs Maintenance Technicians to performs daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual maintenance inspection checklists under the direction of the Maintenance Director.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatuses such as transformers, electrical, and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Repairs and replaces gauges, valves, and pressure regulators of related equipment.
- Performs repairs by safely using hand tools, measuring equipment, band saws, and cutting and grinding tools per the associated work instructions and equipment manuals. Performs inspection of equipment by safely using overhead cranes, forklifts, and aerial lifts.
- Repairs and maintains the physical structure of the establishment.
- Repairs and maintains racking fixtures and furnace trays.
- Cleans and maintains parts washers per PM schedule.
- Repairs furnaces and equipment within a timely manner to prevent any significant downtime.
- Follows all directives from the Maintenance Director.
- Assists in training new Maintenance Technicians.
- Abides by all company rules and procedures stated in the RMT Employee Handbook and Quality Manual including safety, quality, delivery, housekeeping, and cost effectiveness.
- Assists management and provides feedback for the development and implementation of Maintenance instructions to improve work, quality, and efficiency.
- Cooperates with any audits conducted internally or externally to assess compliance with the designated procedures and work instructions.
- Maintains a clean work area to facilitate a safe work environment. Follows all designated safety regulations.